Black Lightning News + Update


In my opinion I think Black Lightning could be the next big thing to come to the CW. It's going to be something different than the other shows. The main character is going to be a seasoned hero and I feel like family is going to be very important to the show.
_____________________________________________________________________________
Arrow is a normal guy who takes his fight to the streets of his city.
Flash is a meta human who got powers after the particle accelerator explosion.
Supergirl is an alien who is a refugee on Earth-38.
Legends of Tomorrow is a team up of unlikely people traveling through time.

Black lightning is a retired vigilante who gets pulled back in because of his daughters.
_____________________________________________________________________________

Not only is it a different premise but I think the fact that the main character is going to be a person of color is going to change the game. I applaud the CW for including people of color and the diversity in their shows but (at least in my experience) this will be the first time a person of color is the lead. This is also the first superhero show with the lead being a person of color (Other than Luke Cage).

The cast that they are assembling are going to be phenomenal. I haven't personally seen all of them in something but I trust that the casting is done with care. McClain I have seen in things and I think that she was a great choice and everyone looks the part.

.

Will it get Picked up?

I definitely think that the CW is going to pick this up for next season but probably for a midseason premiere. I can see it taking over Legends of Tomorrow's time slot in the spring. Picking up black Lightning would be a safe bet as everyone that follows and keeps track of the Arrowverse will tune in. I know I will. Most of this years new shows have not done so well so the CW needs something that they know will get ratings. The CW would have to have a really good reason to not pick it up.

.

Crossover:

I think it is a stretch to expect Black Lightning to be included in the fall crossover. They haven't even shot the pilot and they don't know if it is going to get picked up. Plus it seems like they are already planning next years crossover and making the schedules for all of the shows. It might have some mini crossovers but nothing major. We don't even know what earth the show is going to be set on. The following season I fully expect them to be involved in the crossover somehow.

.

Casting Updates:

Article #1
Cress Williams to play Jefferson Pierce  AKA Black Lightning

Article #2
China Anne McClain to play Jennifer Pierce AKA Lightning
Nafessa Williams to play Anissa Pierce AKA Thunder

Article #3
Christine Adams to play Lynn Pierce

Originally Posted March 5th, 2017 at 1:13 PM EST

Comments